• 150g wild rice, rinsed
• 3 cups (750ml) water
• 1kg half butternut pumpkin, peeled, cut into 3cm pieces
• 2 red capsicums, cut into 3cm pieces
• 1 large red onion, halved, cut into wedges
• 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
• 2 tablespoons orange juice
• 1 1/2 teaspoon ground sumac
• 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
• 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
• 1/2 teaspoon dried chilli flakes
• 150g fresh dates, pitted, quartered
• 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves, firmly packed, chopped
• 1/2 cup fresh coriander leaves, firmly packed, chopped
• 2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
• Fresh mint and coriander sprigs, extra, to serve
• 70g (1/4 cup) Greek yoghurt
• 3-4 teaspoons orange juice
• 1/2 garlic clove, crushed
• 1/4 teaspoon orange rind, finely grate
Preheat oven to 200C/180C fan forced. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper. Bring the rice and water to the boil in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to low. Cook, covered, stirring occasionally, for 45 minutes or until grains open and are tender. Rinse under cold water. Drain. Spread over a tray lined with paper towel to dry.
Meanwhile, place the pumpkin on 1 prepared tray and the capsicum and onion on 1 tray. Drizzle both trays with oil and orange juice. Combine sumac, cinnamon, ginger and chilli flakes in a bowl. Sprinkle over vegies. Season well. Toss to combine. Roast, stirring halfway, for 35 minutes or until vegies are golden and tender.
For the dressing whisk, all ingredients together in a small bowl. Season. Set aside.
Combine the rice, roast vegies, dates, mint and coriander in a bowl. Gently toss to combine. Divide among plates. Drizzle with dressing. Sprinkle with pine nuts and extra herbs.