Yes, it still counts as a cake; nope, this is not a drill. Do you remember the last time you promised yourself one bite of that gooey chocolate cake, but half an hour after you looked like that kid from Matilda?
However, if you are particularly fond of the feeling of copious gluten and sugar, you could be considerate towards your friends on a “diet” and trick them into thinking they’re getting dessert. It also looks great in pictures.
This is a diabetic friendly, diet friendly delicious cake that will be a hit at any get together possible.
So here’s how it’s done, let’s get to the trickery…
Here’s what you need
- 1 whole seedless watermelon (6 lb.)
- 1 tub (8 oz.) COOL WHIP Whipped Topping, thawed
- 1 cup PLANTERS Sliced Almonds
- 1 kiwi, cut lengthwise in half, then sliced crosswise (optional)
- 3 strawberries, hulled
- 1/3 cup raspberries
- 1/4 cup blueberries
- Cut 2-inch-thick slice from both ends of watermelon; discard trimmed slices. Stand watermelon on cutting board. Starting at top of melon, use long thin sharp knife to carefully cut between rind and fruit all around watermelon to separate rind from fruit. Remove and discard rind.
- Pat melon with paper towels to dry; place on platter. Frost with COOL WHIP.
- Decorate with remaining ingredients to resemble photo.