Mornings can be a tearing hurry, and while you’re trying to fit in all your macros before you head out to begin your day, drinking two beverages can slow you down. So… Like a cocktail of morning necessities and major keys and a poll within Revofit staffers, we figured bring to you; the best way to kill to birds with one stone- protein and coffee.. like you didn’t guess that already.
Let’s get into it…
If you brew your coffee every morning, refrigerate until cool and ignore the next few steps. If you want to prep ahead then you can make a batch of cold brewed coffee in advance…
1. Grab your favorite ground coffee
2. Empty it in a measuring container
3. Pour 2 gallons of cold water
4. Allow it to rest in the refrigerator overnight
5. Using a cheesecloth strain the mixture into a storage container and use a spoon to get any extra brew from the remnants.
The rest is easy
Here’s what you need;
1 cup of ice
1/4 cup of skimmed milk (almond milk or soy milk does the job too)
1 scoop of Optimum Nutrition’s Whey Isolate Vanilla flavor
Let’s put it all together…
Add some agave syrup/2 crushed dates for natural sweetness or Stevia if you may
And that’s all there is… You get your protein and a jumpstart to your day.