Prep time- 30 mins
Cook time- 30 mins
• 1/3 cup reduced-fat sour cream (50g)
• 1/2 cup chopped fresh chives, divided, plus more for garnish (20g)
• 3 tablespoons low-fat milk
• 2 teaspoons lemon juice
• 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
• 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
• 2 cups chopped zucchini (300g)
• 1 ¼ cups chopped green beans (175g)
• 1 cup fresh corn kernels
• 1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
• 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
• 4nos 9-inch “ready-to-use” crêpes (or make multigrain large size chapati’s)
1. Stir sour cream, 1/4 cup chives, milk, lemon juice and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a small bowl until combined. Set aside.
2. Heat oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat.
3. Add zucchini, green beans and corn and cook, stirring, until beginning to brown, 6 to 8 minutes. Reduce heat to low; stir in ricotta cheese, the remaining 1/4 cup chives, the remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper.
4. Cook, stirring gently, until the cheese is melted, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from the heat.
5. To roll crêpes, place one on a piece of parchment paper (or leave it on the piece of plastic separating the crêpes in the package).
6. Spoon one-fourth of the vegetable-cheese mixture (about 3/4 cup) down the center of the crêpe.
7. Use the paper (or plastic) to help you gently roll the crêpe around the filling. Place the crêpe seam-side down on a dinner plate. Repeat with the remaining crêpes and filling.
8. Serve each crêpe topped with 2 tablespoons of the reserved sauce and more chives, if desired.
Energy- 302 kcals
Fat- 17 g fat (8 g sat, 6 g mono)
carbohydrates- 25 g
protein- 15 g
fiber- 3 g
sodium- 687 mg
potassium- 485 mg
– Diabetes friendly
– Low calories
– Low in cholesterol
– High calcium