A little #TBT to #TacoTuesday, shrimp/prawns pick the size, call a few good friends home, and don’t hold back on the guac..or salsa..or marga nevermind.
Prep time: 15 min
Cooking time: 3 min
Total time: 18 min
1½ tsp. olive oil
2 cloves garlic, crushed
¾ tsp. ground cumin
½ tsp. ground chili powder
1 lb. raw medium shrimp, cleaned, deveined
¼ cup non-fat plain Greek yogurt
1 tsp. finely chopped lime peel
2 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
2 Tbsp. chopped cilantro
8 corn tortillas (or 6-inch whole wheat tortillas), warm
1 cup shredded red and green cabbage
1 medium tomato, chopped
1 medium avocado, sliced
Fresh cilantro sprigs (for garnish; optional)
Fresh lime wedges (for garnish; optional)
- Combine oil, garlic, ½ tsp. cumin, chili powder, and shrimp in a medium bowl; mix well. Set aside
- Combine yogurt, remaining ¼ tsp. cumin, lime peel, lime juice, and cilantro in a small bowl; mix well. Set aside.
- Heat medium non-stick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add shrimp mixture; cook, stirring frequently, for 2 to 3 minutes, or until shrimp is firm and opaque.
- Top each tortilla evenly with cabbage, tomato, shrimp, and avocado.
- Garnish with cilantro and lime if desired; drizzle each taco with a small spoonful of yogurt mixture.
Nutrition facts per serving