Tzatziki is a Greek sauce which is used as a dip or as an accompaniment with a main course. Its main ingredients are yogurt and cucumber.
Prep time- 20 to 25 mins
Cook time- 15 mins
Serves- 25 to 30 mini pancakes
100g gluten-free flour (amaranth flour is used in this recipe)
1 egg (whole or egg white can be used)
150ml soya yogurt
1 green and 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
1 bunch spring onions, finely sliced
2 tbsp chopped coriander
1 tbsp sesame seeds
2 Tsp olive oil for frying
For the tzatziki
150g Greek yogurt
1 large cucumber, deseeded and finely grated
2 tbsp chopped mint leaves
• Mix the flour, egg, yogurt and 2 tbsp water together in a food processor to form a smooth batter. Transfer contents into a bowl, and then stir in the chillies, spring onions, coriander and sesame seeds. Cover and leave aside, until required.
• To make the tzatziki, mix the yogurt, cucumber and mint together, season to taste with some salt and pepper,and then let it chill.
• Heat a small frying pan, add few drops of olive oil.
• Add a spoonful of the batter on the frying pan, in shape of mini pancakes and cook for 1 min on each side, until lightly browned.
• Remove from pan and place all pancakes, one by one on a platter, keep it warm.
• Top the pancakes with a dollop of tzatziki and some extra sliced spring onions and mint leaves, serve warm.
Nutritional value- per serving (1 pancake with topping)
Energy- 42 kcals
Carbohydrates- 4 gms
Protein- 1 gms
Fat- 2 gms
Saturated fat- 1 gm
Fibre- 0 gm
Sugar- 1 gm
Salt- 0.02 gm