An acceptable cheat meal made healthy for daily consumption- gimme! Skip the gluten, toilet lines and more with these delicious tacos- lettuce tacos.
PREPETRATION TIME – 10 MIN
COOKING TIME – 20 MIN
TOTAL TIME – 30 MIN
SERVING SIZE – Makes 3 lettuce wraps, serving size is 2 lettuce wraps each.
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 cups cooked chicken, minced into the size of a pea
- 2/3 cups mushrooms, minced into the size of a pea
- 1 cup water chestnuts, mined into the size of a pea
- 1/4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 2 tsp lime juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- red pepper flakes
- 1 oz finely crushed raw cashews
- 6 leaves of Boston lettuce
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 2 teaspoon mustard
- 2 teaspoon honey
- salt as per taste
- For my sweet and sour sauce, heat coconut oil until it just melts, do not allow it to get to hot.
- Add the mustard and honey and with a fork whisk it until it gels up (about 2 minutes).
- Melt 1 tbsp of coconut oil over medium high heat.
- Add onions and garlic and saute for 1 minute.
- Add water chestnuts, mushrooms and 2 tsp of liquid aminos and saute for another 2 minutes.
- Add chicken and sweet and sour sauce, stir until heated through (about a minute).
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Take a heaping spoonful of your chicken mixture and put it in the center of a boston lettuce leaf.
- Top with a dash of red pepper flakes and crushed cashews.
- Roll up and enjoy.