Stay meatless, not hungry
Pack in your protein quota, and Mexican fix with this delicious bake Enchilada.
Here’s what you need…
- 1 cup quinoa
Nutrition Facts Energy 285.1 kcals Protein 13.2 grams Carbohydrates 29.2 grams Fiber 6.0 grams Sugar 13.6 grams Prep Time- 10 Minutes Cook Time- 30 Minutes
- 1 (10-ounce) can enchilada sauce
- 1 cup green chillies
- 1/2 cup corn kernels, frozen, canned or roasted
- 1/2 cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 avocado, halved, seeded, peeled and diced
- 1 Roma tomato, diced
- In a large saucepan of 2 cups water, cook quinoa according to package instructions; set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly oil an 8×8 or 2 quart baking dish or coat with nonstick spray.
- In a large bowl, combine quinoa, enchilada sauce, green chiles, corn, black beans, cilantro, cumin and chili powder; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Stir in 1/2 cup cheddar cheese and 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese.
- Spread quinoa mixture into the prepared baking dish. Top with remaining cheeses. Place into oven and bake until bubbly and cheeses have melted, about 15 minutes.
- Serve immediately, garnished with avocado and tomato, if desired.
Call a few of your nearest and dearest who are on the same mission to cut back meat, and enjoy!