Serves: 6 servings (serving size: about 128 grams of salmon and 1/3 cup spinach mixture)
For the salmon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
1/4 teaspoon red chilli powder
1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
907 grams of one skinless salmon fillet
230 grams (2 cups) of thinly sliced onion
2 tsp olive oil
For the spinach
1 teaspoon olive oil
2 garlic cloves, minced
135 grams of fresh baby spinach
1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander
• To prepare the salmon, combine all the spices (cumin, coriander, red chilli powder, cinnamon, salt and pepper powder) into a bowl and rub it evenly over the fish.
• Preheat oven to 400°.
• Coat the baking tray with some olive oil and place the onions over the baking dish.
• Place the spice rubbed salmon over the onions.
• Bake the fish in the oven for 20 minutes at 400 deg or until the fish is cooked according to requirement.
• To prepare the spinach, heat the olive oil in a non-stick pan. Add the garlic, and cook for a minute.
• Add the spinach and cook for 4 mins until the leaves are wilted, stirring frequently.
• Sprinkle ¼ tsp of salt and lemon rind onto the spinach. Add the lemon juice and remove from heat.
• Place salmon on a platter. Arrange onions and spinach evenly around salmon.
• Sprinkle salmon with chopped fresh coriander and serve with few lemon wedges, if desired.
Nutritional value- (per serving)
Carbohydrate 10.7 grams
Protein- 40.3 grams
Fat- 13.2 grams
Fibre- 3.4 grams
Iron- 3.6 mg
Calcium- 76 mg
- Salmon is rich in protein, heart-helping omega-3 fatty acids, and vitamin D.
- It is an excellent source of vitamin B12, and selenium. It is also a good source of niacin, phosphorus, and vitamin B6. It is also a good source of choline, pantothenic acid, biotin, and potassium.