The holiday season is upon us and if you are trying to eat healthy it’s a huge challenge because all our senses are hit by calorie dense,fat laden foods, alcohol, late night parties, lack of sleep and in a nut shell all the things which contribute to your waistline. So I am going to share some Holiday Hacks which work for me and help me tackle the madness.
1) Eat a healthy breakfast starting your day with a healthy breakfast will ensure you make the correct choices over the course of the day and keep you more focused.
2) Exercise portion control if you are going to eat the fat laden desserts,eat them in the smaller portions so that the damage is contained on your system but your desires are still satiated and you don’t feel deprived.
3) Eat healthier foods first then move onto the more calorie dense food this will help you potentially eat less.
4) Eat 3 full meals before you go out at night for parties. This way your blood sugar will be lot more stable and you will end up making better choices.
5) Keep the focus on the fun not the food. Hang out,dance and focus on what makes holidays what it is , the time to hang out with your family and friends.
6) Stay active during the holidays and go for workout , try that yoga lesson or spinning class you always wanted to give a go. If you have kids take them swimming or for tennis or any other activity which the entire family can Participate
7) Distance makes the heart healthy so don’t stand next to the food table or counter during a party because research shows you will tend to eat less food and take lesser helpings if your physically at a distance.
So guys that was a few of my Holiday Hacks to keep your waistline in check and your arties unclogged. Wish you happy holidays.