We can feel your disapproving nods from all the way here, but hold them- because it’s a great dish that supports a great cause.
Prep time: 20 mins
Cook time: 40 mins
Total time: 1 hour
Serves: 4-6 serves
Expertise – Easy
• 1 medium head cauliflower, cut into thick slices
• 2 tablespoons olive oil
• Sea salt and black pepper to taste
• ½ teaspoon ground turmeric
• 1 cup olive oil
• ⅓ cup fresh mint
• ⅓ cup fresh cilantro
• ⅓ cup fresh parsley
• 2 cloves garlic
• ½ inch fresh ginger root
• 1-2 small green chilies, adjust to taste
• Juice of 1 lemon
• 1 teaspoon sea salt
• Freshly ground black pepper to taste
• Juice of 1 lime
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Cut the head of cauliflower in thick slices, about 2 inches wide, being gentle while cutting as you want to retain the “steak” shape. Sprinkle spices and seasoning on the cauliflower.
3. Lay the cauliflower steaks on a lined baking sheet with foil or parchment, bake for 30 minutes or until tender.
4. In the meantime, in a food processor or blender combine all ingredients for the mint chutney and blend until smooth. Adjust for any seasonings, I find that I’ll add more pepper or citrus to bring out the flavors.
5. When the cauliflower steaks are tender yet golden brown and roasted, serve on a platter with the mint chutney drizzled on top. Also use the mint chutney for a dip throughout serving. Store for up to 1 week in the fridge.
• Store the mint chutney for up to 1 week in a glass container