Prep time- 15 mins
1 cup (172 gms) soaked and boiled black beans
1 cup (182 gms) cooked bulgur wheat (dalia)
1/2 cup (150gms) chopped capsicum (yellow , red and green)
Salt and pepper to taste
Ingredients for the dressing:
1/4 cup finely chopped basil leaves
1/2tbsp olive oil
1/2 tspgarlic grated
1/4 tsp mustard powder
1 tsp red chilli powder
1 tbsp lemon juice
Salt to taste
• Combine all the ingredients for the salad in a bowl and toss well.
• For the dressing, combine the spice powders and add the olive oil and lemon juice, mix well.
• Add the dressing to the salad and toss contents evenly.
• Serve immediately, garnish with few mint leaves .
Nutritional value- per serving
Energy- 234 kcals
Protein- 7.2 gms
Fat- 5.5 gms
Fibre- 4.6 gms
Iron- 3.6 mg
• Rich in iron and fibre and good quality protein
• Healthy energy dense recipe
• Can be eaten as a side-dish or main course
• Healthy recipe for pregnant women
• Can be accompanied with a vegetable juice, spinach and mint.