Prep time- 10 mins
Cook time- 20 mins
171 gms of ground turkey breast
4 red pepper (or green)
2 tbsps olive oil
1/4 cup shredded carrots (1/2 medium sized carrot)
4 cloves garlic (minced)
1/4 cup (25gms) minced onion (1 medium sized)
1/4 bunch of baby spinach (handful, chopped)
1/2 cup (100gms) brown rice (precooked)
2tsp Italian seasoning (dried oregano, parsley, thyme)
• Cut the tops off the peppers. Take out the seeds and membranes. Set aside. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a skillet, over medium heat, heat the oil.
• Add and brown the ground turkey. Sprinkle with Italian seasoning.
• Add the garlic and onions. Cook about 4 minutes, or until the onion in translucent and the garlic fragrant.
• Add the cooked rice, carrot, spinach. Heat through.
• Stuff the mixture into the peppers. Add stuffed peppers to an oven safe dish.
• Cover with foil and cook 15 minutes. Remove foil and cook five more minutes.
• Garnish the bell peppers with few sprigs of mint leaves and drizzle some lemon juice.
• Serve the stuffed bell peppers with green lettuce salad and a bowl of soup.
Nutritional value- (1 serving- 1 bell pepper)
Energy- 180 kcals
Carbohydrates- 25 gms
Protein- 5 gms
Fat- 7 gms
Dietary fibre- 4 gms
Sat fat- 1 gms
Sodium- 20 mg
Sugars- 6 gms