Cooking time: 20 mins
Serves: Makes 4 wraps
4 leftover rotis (approx. 150 mm. (6”) in diameter)
For the bean sprouts mixture:
1 cup bean sprouts
1/2 cup capsicum sliced finely
1/2 cup tomatoes sliced finely
1/2 cup thinly sliced onions
1 tsp finely chopped garlic (lehsun)
1 tsp chilli powder
1 tsp roasted cumin seeds (jeera) powder
1 tsp olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
For the green tomato salsa:
1 cup chopped green tomatoes (raw)
1/4 cup chopped onions
3 chopped green chillies
salt to taste
To cook the green tomato salsa:
• Combine all the ingredients along with ¼ cup of water in a pressure cooker and pressure cook for 3 whistles.
• Cool slightly and then blend in a mixer until smooth.
• Divide the salsa into 4 equal portions and set aside.
To cook the bean sprouts mixture:
• Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the onions and garlic and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
• Add the capsicum and sauté on a medium flame for another minute.
• Add the tomatoes, bean sprouts, chilli powder, cumin powder and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
• Divide the mixture into 4 equal portions and set aside.
How to make the wraps:
• Place a roti on a clean, dry surface and spread a portion of the green tomato salsa evenly over it.
• Spread a portion of the bean sprouts mixture on 1 end of the roti and roll it up tightly.
• Repeat steps 1 and 2 to make 3 more wraps.
• Serve immediately.
Nutrition value- per serving (1 wrap)
Energy- 173 kcal
Protein- 7.2 gms
Fat- 2.0 gms
Fibre- 2.9 gms
Iron- 2.8 mg
Vitamin C- 26.1 mg
• Diabetic friendly recipe.
• Healthy recipe for the heart. Low in cholesterol, low in total calories.
• Can be eaten during pregnancy as well.
• Can be eaten as a meal or a snack.