All that yummy fat… that’s going to burn some not so yummy fat.
Prep Time – 10 mins
Cooking Time – 20 mins
Setting Time – 4 Hours
Sharing Size – Yields 36 squares
Expertise – Easy
- ½ cup cacao butter, finely chopped and melted
- 1 cup roasted almond butter
- 1 cup coconut butter
- 1 cup coconut, firm*
- ½ cup full fat coconut milk, chilled overnight*
- ¼ cup ghee
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp chai spice
- ¼ tsp pure almond extract
- ¼ tsp Himalayan salt
- ¼ cup raw shelled pistachios, chopped
1. Grease and line a 9’’ square baking pan with parchment paper, leaving a little bit hanging on either side so it is easier to mould. Set aside.
2. Melt the cacao butter in a small saucepan set over low heat or in the microwave, stirring often regardless of which option you chose. Reserve.
3. Add all the ingredients, except for cacao butter and shelled pistachios, to a large mixing bowl. Mix with a hand mixer, starting on low speed and progressively moving to high until all the ingredients are well combined and the mixture becomes light and airy.
4. Pour the melted cacao butter right into the almond mixture and resume mixing on low speed until it’s well incorporated.
5. Transfer to prepared pan, spread as evenly as possible and sprinkle with chopped pistachios.
6. Refrigerate until completely set, at least 4 hours but preferably overnight.
Cut into 36 squares and splurge..and maybe share?
Serving size: NF based on 1 of 36 squares
- Calories 170
- Calories from Fat 157
- Total Fat 17.4g
- Saturated Fat g
- Cholesterol 4mg
- Sodium 11.1mg
- Potassium 62mg
- Total Carbs 3.1g
- Dietary Fibre 1.5g
- Protein 2.2g
*Note that it’s fairly important that your coconut oil be on the firm side so send it to the fridge for a little bit if you have to. Same goes for that coconut milk. While you don’t need to use the cream part exclusively (although you could very well do that if you wanted to, more fat for you), your milk does have to be firm when you use it, so give that can a good shake and send it for an overnight trip to the fridge.