Having a long to-do list and keeping to it can make you forget about your meals, which often leads to munching on the closest thing edible in your periphery, which tends to be unhealthy and void of any nutrition. So, here’s what you can do when you’re on the run and need fuel to stay productive.
1) If your time zones are constantly changing
Make a smoothie bowl and pack it with some protein powder and fruit to compensate for your insipid airline food.
Take your favorite smoothie, blend it less to make it chunkier, add some fruit, rolled oats and chia seeds for good measure. If you don’t have a favorite try this one.
- 1 cup chopped kale or baby spinach
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 scoop Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard Banana Cream Whey
- 1 cup milk (of choice)
- 1½ cups frozen mixed berries
- ½ frozen banana
- Top with shaved almonds, dates and chia seeds.
2) If you have less than 30 minutes to make it to a presentation
Make a dry sandwich, eat half and save the rest. Grab your coffee, water and mints.
Hummus, lettuce, grilled chicken or veggies with a little feta cheese between slices of multi grain bread.
3) If you’re treating yourself to an evening out just after a jammed pack week of work and don’t have too much time to find and make the right thing, this Papaya smoothie will fill you up won’t make you feel bloated.
4) Power packed weekend of chores on chores
For a day where you know you will be moving around shuffling from one errand to another, to avoid getting hangry get your dose of protein and fibre in this delicious way whipped up by our favorite chef.
5) When you have no time to fuel up before you start your day