Prep time- 15 mins
Cooking time- 15 mins
• 2 tbsp(0% fat) Greek yogurt
• 1 garlic clove, crushed
• ½ tsp red chilli powder/ chilli flakes
• 1 green chilli, chopped finely
• Juice of 1 lemon
• 175g diced turkey breast
• 50g wholegrain bulgur wheat
• 1 small red onion, finely chopped
• 2 tomatoes, chopped
• ½ cucumber, diced
• 2 tbsp chopped parsley
• 2 tbsp chopped mint/ pudina
• 1 tbsp olive oil or rapeseed oil (if available)
• Salt and pepper to taste
1. In a pan, add the olive oil or the rapeseed oil, add the green chilli, garlic, onion and stir for a while, until the onions change colour.
2. On the other side, add the yogurt, red chilli powder or chilli flakes and lemon; mix well and keep aside.
3. Add the turkey in the pan with the onions and stir for 10 mins or until the turkey is cooked.
4. Meanwhile, cook the bulgur wheat by, first boiling a pot of water (bulgur 1:3 parts of water), add the bulgur wheat and boil for another 7 mins. After boiling, keep aside to cool and drain the water before using the bulgur wheat.
5. Once the turkey mixture and the bulgur wheat both are cooked, add both into a large bowl. Drizzle some fresh lemon juice over the turkey and bulgur wheat mixture and garnish with chopped parsley and mint.
6. In the yogurt mixture, add the chopped tomatoes, cucumber into the mixture and garnish with chopped parsley and mint.
7. Serve the turkey cold or hot with the yogurt salad.
Nutritional value- (per serving)
Energy- 224 kcals
Carbohydrates- 24 gms
Protein- 27 gms
Fat- 2 gms
Saturated fats- 0 gms
Fibre- 2 gms