Serves: 4, each serving is ¾ cup (175 grams).
Cooking time: 20 mins
For the curry
1 cup (200ml) coconut milk
2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander
2 teaspoon red curry paste, or choose according to preferred spice level
1/2 teaspoon or a pinch, of brown sugar (optional)
1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
Preparing the tofu and vegetables:
300 grams, extra-firm tofu
2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
4 cups (168 grams) spinach leaves
1 medium red bell pepper, sliced (1 ½ cup)
1. Combine the coconut milk, coriander, curry paste, brown sugar and salt in a small bowl, and whisk the contents well.
2. For the tofu; drain and rinse the tofu. Slice the block and coarsely crumble the slices into smaller, uneven pieces.
3. Heat oil in a large non-stick pan over high heat. Add the tofu and cook in a single layer, without stirring, until the pieces begin to turn golden brown on the bottom, in about 5 minutes.
4. Then gently stir and continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until all sides are golden brown, for 5 to 7 minutes more.
5. Add the spinach, bell peppers and the curry sauce and cook, stirring, until the vegetables are just cooked, 1 to 2 minutes more.
6. Once the curry and vegetable is cooked, serve with brown rice and drizzle some lemon juice before eating.
Nutrition value per serving:
Energy- 179 calories
Carbohydrates- 12 grams
Protein- 11 grams
Fat- 11 grams
fiber- 4 grams
Cholesterol- 0 grams
– This recipe is diabetic friendly and also healthy for weight watchers.
– It is low in calories, low in carbohydrates and low in cholesterol.
– It is high in calcium, low in sodium and is also gluten free.