Serving size: 1
250ml skim milk
1 Tbsp cold-pressed organic flaxseed oil (MUFA)
Combine milk and fruit in blender, and blend for 1 minute. Transfer to glass, and stir in flaxseed oil.
Total calories- 301 kcals
• Tropical fruits such as papaya and pineapple are a great source of vitamin C, potassium, folate and manganese, which keep your bones, blood sugar, thyroid gland and nerves healthy.
• Meeting your daily fruits and vegetables requirements can be a challenge. Blending a couple of servings of both into a smoothie, helps ensure you meet your body’s daily nutritional needs.
• Drinking fruit smoothies can help you reach the recommended intake of fibre. The soluble fibre found in fruit can help slow digestion and may help control blood sugar and lower cholesterol.
• They also build muscle and improve athletic performance.
• Get radiant skin, hair, and nails. Supply your body with the vitamins and minerals it requires to grow healthier hair and make your skin glow.
• Don’t limit yourself to fruit when you make your smoothie. Add vegetables, such as carrots, sweet potato, pumpkin, greens or beets, to increase the nutrients in your smoothie without adding too many calories.
• Include a source of healthy fat, such as nuts, nut butter, avocado, flax or chia seeds. This fat will help your body absorb the fat-soluble vitamins in your smoothie.
• Greek yogurt, cottage cheese, tofu or milk can increase the protein content of your smoothie and make it more filling.
• Oatmeal will add fiber and thicken your smoothie, and unsweetened cocoa powder will increase the amount of beneficial plant chemicals called flavanols.