Taco Tuesday is back at it again, and this time it’s vegan style (minus the fish oil. technically). These load up on a good amount of protein given it’s serving size- so, we’ll take it.
Prep time: 5 min
Cooking time: 30 min
½ lb tofu
2 wheat tortilla
1 cup mixed vegetables
3 Tbsp brown sugar
2 tsp sesame oil
2 tsp fish oil
3 garlic cloves
½ Tbsp ginger
3 whole green onions (scallion)
1 Tbsp rice vinegar
2-3 Tbsp sriracha
1 Tbsp sesame oil
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Fresh cilantro for garnish (optional)
- Drain the liquid from the block of tofu, and remove excess moisture by wrapping it in a paper towel to sit for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix the marinade. In a food processor, blend soy sauce, fish oil, brown sugar, sesame oil, rice vinegar, half the sriracha, sliced scallions, ginger, and garlic. Process until smooth.
- Slice the tofu into cubes, and add to the mixture. Cover and let marinate in the fridge for 20 minutes.
- Heat a heavy pan or griddle over high heat. Spray with oil, and add the tofu to the pan. The cubes will start to steam. Cook about 2–3 minutes on each side, until crispy and brown.
- Assemble the tacos. Grill the tortillas for a minute, if desired, and fill with grilled tofu and selected veggies. Garnish with fresh cilantro, and top with remaining sriracha chili sauce.
Nutrition facts per serving